Skincare

Friday, January 22, 2010

It's been almost 3 weeks since i first spotted patches on my face. And few days ago, i realise that the patches had sorta stopped surfacing *touchwood* I don't know what i've done/ate to cause the photosensitivity, neither do i know what i've done/ate to subdue this demon. All i knew was, i started on a massive skincare regimen since the 14th and there isn't any visible results till like few days ago ?

So here's what i've been doing.


14 JAN - went for my usual bi-monthly (inserts guilt face) facial sesh and bought an Aquatherm Recovery O2 Pack, to add-on to my usual facial treatments. The O2 Pack was recommended for sensitive and reactive skins. Note, this was before Yuki and i knew i've got sunlight allergy, so kudos to Yuki for the spot on !! Oh by the way, the O2 Pack was said to soothes and calms sensitivity, alleviates rosacea and redness, strengthens the skin from environment and prevents premature ageing.


I know of many beauty therapists who hard-sells alot and enjoys "cheating" us into buying their products but i've been with Yuki for years and all these while, she's been recommending me the most basic/cheapest deals cause she said i don't need any additional features as yet, so i knew i had go for the O2 treatment if i wanna have a decent complexion by the Chinese New Year.

Unfortunately, the patches are still as bumpy and red after my first O2 sesh but one thing i know for sure is that the patches don't itch and flake that frequent anymore and i suppose that's good for a start ?

And the following, is basically my daily skincare regimen:

In the Day:
Cleanse - Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel
Tone - Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
Mask - Clinique Pore Minimizer Refining Mask
Suncreen - Dermatologist's housebrand


I used to switch between the Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel and Bio-Essence Tanaka White Gentle Cleansing Foam on alternate days cause i thought the Tanaka White worked pretty well for me too. Until recently, i realise that after cleansing, the skin feels a tad too taut and i could prolly hear the squeaky sound when i wipe my face, no joke !! So i guess i'll just stick to my loyal Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel (:

In the Night:
Cleanse - Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleansing Gel
Exfoliate - Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel
Tone - Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
Mask - My Beauty Dairy Assorted Masks


I've been hearing lotsa raves and wanted to try out the exfoliator from Cure but it's just way too expensive for an exfoliator luh. Would be triggerhappy if anyone could get me that as a gift ! Watsons' selling it ! LOL :D

Oh by the way, in case your're wondering, yes i mask twice a day, everyday. I don't know if this is good or bad but i love the aftermath feeling that the MBD leaves on my skin. Too bad none of my friends are in or going Taiwan anytime soon. Else i'll make sure they lug home a dozen boxes of MBD home for me.

Okay. I guess i'll need to stop. Lunch time and i'll need to hit Sociology once again ):

Post a Comment