BRUNCH AT ANTHESIS BOULANGERIE, BISTRO & CAFE

Saturday, June 21, 2014

|PUBLISHED 21st June 2014

Weekends are especially awesome when you start the day off with a great meal and a fabulous company. Think. You worked for at least 8 hours a day from Monday to Friday, and finally comes the weekend where you can just sit back, chill and relax with the people close to your heart. How awesome is that ? Today I finally met my UOL girls to celebrate the June babies birthdays. I can never be more than thankful to have met all of them. Suk Mun, Jiamin, Ade and Jieting. We stood by each other during our three years of university life, and now that we have graduated for say, three years ? We are still make time for each other on all our birthdays no matter how busy our lives may get.

Anthesis is located along Robertson Quay and boy we had such a hard time locating the cafe ! We meet at Boat Quay station and took a cab down. But apparently both mine and Jieting's cab driver has no freaking clue where 86 Robertson Quay is. So the cab driver dropped us at M Hotel and we walk rounds and rounds, back and forth, before we finally found Anthesis. We remembered we need to cross a bridge to get to MerryMen or Toby's, which is near Anthesis. But us girls being girls, we crossed the wrong bridge !! So we went from quite-near to really-far from our destination. I almost killed myself cause I passed by the bridge so many times yet I didn't notice we could have just crossed the damn bridge.


But that aside, Anthesis a tiny little cafe, but I like it for its rustic and industrial feel. Anthesis serves an extremely modest menu, but all in all, food was really good and that totally made up for the entire bad location hunting process ! My initial plan was to try their muesli, but after all the walk, I knew I had to have something even more hearty.

My Breakfast, My Way


(Scrambled eggs, Sourdough bread, Smoked salmon, Sauteed mushrooms and grilled tomato with rocket salad)


(Sunny side ups, Sourdough bread, Sausage, Sauteed mushrooms and grilled tomato with rocket salad)

Eggs Duet


(Smoked salmon, Scrambled eggs, Mushroom frittata, Chipolata and Bacon)

And finally our traffic light Smoothies


L-R : Mixed Berries, Avocado, Mango and Chocolate

❤❤❤

ANTHESIS
86 Robertson Quay
#01-01 Robertson Blue
Singapore 238245

Tue: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Wed - Sat: 8:30 am - 10:00 pm
Sun: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm

❤❤❤

In general, I thought that the food was commendable, and definitely will pay a return visit in future ! I had many recommendations from friends to order the muesli so that will definitely be on my to-order list at Anthesis when I visit it again ! Now that I know my way there, I think it shouldn't be a problem already heh.



The sandals are so freaking pretty that I am gonna go get a pair myself too





Till then, xoxo

Post a Comment